
Event overview
Bodies of missing Italian divers found in Maldives
The bodies of four Italian divers were found inside a 60‑meter‑deep cave in Vaavu Atoll, Maldives, with a fifth body located earlier, according to BBC and BBC reporting. Finnish divers located the four missing divers, and a two‑hour operation brought two of them to the surface; other remains were found in the cave, and one body had already been recovered earlier. A Maldivian rescue diver died during the search. ABC News and CNN‑type sources say three Finnish divers would attempt to recover two bodies that day, with the diving depth noted as around 60 meters, and divers supplied by Divers Alert Network Europe. Italy’s foreign ministry and others confirmed recovery progress, while some outlets cite earlier recoveries and ongoing searches.
Concrete downstream impact not stated in the supplied coverage.
Left / left-center
4
Center
1
Right / right-center
3
BBC News
8/10Factual: high · Credibility: high
The New York Times
8/10Factual: high · Credibility: high
New York Post
5/10Factual: mixed · Credibility: medium
Washington Times
5/10Factual: mixed · Credibility: medium
ABC News
8/10Factual: high · Credibility: high
Fox News
5/10Factual: mixed · Credibility: medium
Al Jazeera
5/10Factual: mixed · Credibility: medium
Reuters
9/10Factual: very-high · Credibility: high

Bodies of missing Italian divers found in Maldives
The bodies of four Italian divers who went missing during a scuba diving accident in the Maldives last week have been found, officials have confirmed to the BBC. One body, belonging to a fifth member of the group, had already been located after the incident on Thursday. The Italian nationals were found inside a.

Bodies of Four Italian Divers Found in Maldives Cave
The discovery comes after days of searching by an international team of rescue divers. A fifth body was recovered last week.

Remaining bodies of missing tourists found in ‘shark cave’ after Maldives’ worst-ever diving disaster
See more of our coverage in your search results. The bodies of four remaining Italian divers were found Monday in the Maldives, four days after they went missing while exploring an underwater cave. An elite team of three expert divers from Finland located the bodies of Monica Montefalcone, 52, her daughter Giorgia.
Italy's foreign minister says divers found bodies of 4 Italians dead in Maldives sea cave
ROME — Italy’s Foreign Ministry said Monday that rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers believed to be deep inside an underwater cave in a Maldive atoll. The searches had resumed on Monday after being suspended following the death of a local military diver during a perilous mission to try to reach.

Military diver who died trying to recover Italian tourists in Maldives was ‘not trained’ to go into caves: ex-boss
See more of our coverage in your search results. A military diver who died trying to recover the bodies of four Italian tourists trapped 200 feet underwater in a cave in the Maldives was “not trained” to carry out such missions, according to his former boss. Sgt. Major Mohamed Mahudhee, a member of the Maldivian.

Divers will try to recover 2 of the dead Italians from an Maldives underwater cave
Three Finnish divers will attempt to recover the bodies of two of the four Italians who died deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives MALE, Maldives -- Three Finnish divers on Tuesday will attempt to recover the bodies of two of the four Italians who died deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in.

Two bodies of missing Italians recovered from inside Maldives cave
The bodies of two Italians who drowned in a scuba diving accident in the Maldives last week have been brought to the surface, local officials have told the BBC. "They were retrieved from the third chamber of the underwater cave by the specialist divers from Finland after a two-hour operation," Mohamed Hossain Shareef.

Elite divers recover bodies of two Italian tourists from underwater Maldives cave
See more of our coverage in your search results. An elite team of Finnish divers on Tuesday recovered the bodies of two of the four Italian tourists who died in an underwater cave in the Maldives. The bodies were located on Monday after recovery operations restarted following the death of a military diver — and they.

Extreme depth made fatal cave dive perilous at luxury honeymoon destination
A snorkeler was swimming in the Maldives when a school of nurse sharks surrounded her. Sindy Claire Bondoc was exploring the crystal-clear ocean with her mask when the creatures swam up close. The search for the remaining bodies of the Italian divers who perished inside a deep underwater cave in the Maldives continued.

Bodies of Italian divers recovered from cave in Maldives
The bodies of two of five Italian divers who died in a deep underwater cave in the Maldives have been recovered.

Last two bodies of Italian tourists trapped in Maldives ‘shark cave’ are recovered
See more of our coverage in your search results. An elite squad of Finnish divers on Wednesday recovered the final two bodies of the Italian tourists who were trapped 200 feet in a shark-infested underwater cave in the Maldives. Divers recovered the bodies of Giorgia Sommacal, 22, and researcher Muriel Oddenino, 31.

Last two bodies of Italian divers killed in scuba diving accident recovered, Maldives says
The last two bodies of the Italian divers killed in the Maldives' deadliest-ever diving accident have been recovered, a government spokesperson said on Wednesday, completing recovery efforts.